Ok this is getting harder and harder to do……
Seriously I am NOT A COOK …so this whole…spend less –meaning don’t go buy it quick fix food stuff — has been interesting but GOOD!!!
Well part of the issue is I am learning so much about GMO in our food supply that I REALLY WANT TO LEARN TO DO THIS COOKING AND OLD FASHION HEALTHY EATING FOR MY KIDS AND SOMEDAY GRANDKIDS!
*use what’s here
1. I made this:
Home made tomato soup from my husbands grinding tomato fest!!! …and ….and these
Mozzarella Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
- 1 pound fresh buffalo mozzarella, cut into 4 equal pieces about 3-inches by 4-inches
- 8 1/2-inch thick firm white sandwich bread
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, leaves
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- A grating of nutmeg
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Place the mozzarella on 4 slices of the bread. Cover with the remaining slices to form sandwiches. Trim the crusts off to make perfect 4-inch squares.
- In a wide shallow bowl, whisk the eggs. Add the cream, thyme leaves, salt, and nutmeg. Whisk until well blended.
- In a 10 to 12-inch nonstick saute pan, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium-high heat until smoking. Add 1 tablespoon of the butter and cook until the sizzling subsides. Dip 2 of the sandwiches into the egg mixture, turning to coat, place in the pan, and cook until golden brown on the first side, about 2 minutes. Flip over and brown on the other side. Transfer the sandwiches to individual plates and repeat the process with the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 tablespoon butter, and 2 sandwiches. Cut in half, and serve immediately.
I am seriously going to have to renew my efforts
because I bought a pumpkin latte… sat on my butt most the day and like posted stuff on pinterest and browsed Facebook and watched YouTube.
2. I deep cleaned my stove!
HOT WATER AND SCRUBBING!